Job vacancy - Assistant Clerk
Bramley Parish Council has a vacancy for a part-time Assistant Clerk.
A new role, the Assistant Clerk will support the Clerk in undertaking the work of the Council and to work closely with Councillors, residents and other organisations.
The role is for 22 hours per month, which can be worked on a flexible basis, based on the requirements of the Council. The Assistant Clerk will also be required to carry out additional work of the Clerk during holiday and any absence due to sickness.
The responsibilities will be wide ranging, predominantly focused on communications and management of Council grounds / estates. Attendance at some evening meetings will be required from time to time.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Write and issue Bramley Update, the Parish Council’s monthly email newsletter
- Administration of Bramley Parish Council website
- Regular Parish Council communications on Facebook and Twitter
- Organisation of Parish Council attendance at events
- Management of Bramley Sports Pavilion
- Planning of required maintenance works around the parish and monitoring of maintenance contractors
- Production and administration of a Tree strategy for the parish
- Resilience / Emergency Co-ordinator (in conjunction with the Clerk)
The successful applicant will have good computer skills and be able to demonstrate excellent administrative and communication skills and well as being able to plan and manage their workload to meet deadlines. They will need to be proactive and motivated and able to demonstrate an ability to work constructively and accurately with a wide variety of stakeholders. Previous experience in Local Government, although not essential, would be an advantage.
The Assistant Clerk will work predominantly from home, although he/she should expect to attend meetings and/or work from the Clerk’s office from time to time at Bramley Village Hall.
The salary range is SCP 19 to SCP 24 (£13.24 - £14.90 per hour), according to experience, with 25 days’ holiday (pro-rata) and membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
The closing date for applicants is 16th April 2021.
To discuss the role further, please contact the Clerk at [email protected] or 07976 290211.
Applications should be emailed to the Clerk and the Chairman ([email protected]), to include a CV and information on suitability for the role.